About 3D Animation
Take your 3D skills to the next level and make your passion for animation a career reality. Animation is all about capturing the essence of movement and making the unreal, real.
Our Advanced Diploma in Animation courses includes storyboarding, pre-production, animating, character design, modelling and rigging. You'll also develop your visual effects and post production techniques, art and computer graphic design skills and get the inside knowledge on industry practice. You have a choice between advanced techniques in character modelling and rigging or advanced character animation.
Using industry standard software, create an animated world and bring it to life. Make your characters move, convey thoughts and emotions, and respond to their surroundings.
The Diploma of Animation (Advanced) gives you the skills you need to join this exciting global industry. Put together a showreel that reflects your talent and get set to make your mark on the international stage.
- Art and design - develop your creative and design skills; study life drawing, animation and art history, screen composition, lighting and colour; develop your understanding of visual language and how to create storyboards.
- Animation principles - make objects move in a realistic way; learn how to use weight, elasticity, anticipation and exaggeration to show thoughts and attitudes of a character or object
- Industry practice - learn how copyright and legal issues affect production; how animation production is managed and how workflow is organised; develop communication skills essential for working in animation industries
- Modelling and rigging - model both mechanical and organic forms using the latest 3D modelling techniques; design and create characters complete with facial expressions and skeletons for use in your animations
- Character animation - bring simple characters to life; learn how acting and directing can influence animation; create walk cycles; animate a character to convey emotions and thoughts.
- Animation production - finish your animations to a commercial standard; design surfaces and light scenes; manage rendering and complete animation using compositing techniques
- Visual effects (VFX) - incorporate fog, smoke, fire, water, atmospheres, weather and explosions into your animation
- Group project - create an animated short film
- Individual / joint project showreel - apply what you have learnt to produce a short animation to include in your showreel.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Apple Soundtrack Pro
- 3D animator & modeller
- 3D texture artist
- Character designer
- VFX artist
- Matte painter
- 12 Months.
- IAO (Specialized)
- +2 (Pass / Fail)
- SSLC (Pass / Fail)